18.1.12

A Haunting

COME WHAT MAY
Photographer Michaela Knizova


" I am student of New Media in Kosice, Slovakia. I am working with photography, performance and video art. I am inspired by fairy tales, legends about saints or Gothic movies. Reality is not used in my art, I mystify real life sometimes, and I change it into romanticism and fiction.

I am not sure if I have a haunted story with happy or funny end. I used to be a sleepwalker and I do strange things. Once, I found the red thread unravelled all over my room. And sometimes I’m standing over the bed of a sleeping boy or girl and watching him/her sleep. People sleeping near me may have strange dreams. "
- Michaela Knizova









ph via vrag mag

This photoshoot is so haunting. The photography is so beautiful. The colours are amazing, the faded blurry lighting and effects of the photoshoot reflect her blurred memory of when she's sleeping. All this really sets the dream like scene; is this a fairy tale, or a nightmare?

No comments:

Post a Comment